The 1500 Meter Race Walk was held September 22nd, 2013 at Delaware State University, Dover, DE
The 2014 Recreational Walk will be on September 20, 2014.
When you can, please post the following on the Rec. Walk page: The 2014 Recreational Walk will be held on Saturday, September 20, 2014. It will be held at the Michael N. Castle Trail which is part of the Chesapeake & Delaware Canal Conservation Area. The race will begin at the end of Main Street in St. Georges, Delaware. Here are the directions:
1. Travelling either North or South on Delaware Rt. 1
2. Take the Delaware City/Rt. 72/Wrangle Hill exit and turn East toward Delaware City
3. Turn Right onto Delaware Rt. 13 southbound
4. Take the last exit before the St. Georges bridge (Main Street exit)
5. Stay on Main Street to the end of the road (the last part of the road is not paved)
6. Look for signs for the Chesapeake & Delaware Canal Conservation Area Michael N. Castle Trail
7. There will also be Delaware Senior Olympics signs
It is recommended that you check in 30 minutes ahead of the race start time of 9am.
The entry deadline is September 5, 2014.
2007 Delaware Senior Olympian
Sports are in his jeans...
Walter B. Bud Macky is 100 years old (5/28/07) and is shown just winning the race walk, 1500 meter, gold medal. He lives in Milford, Delaware, and is the son-in-law of a distinguished Delaware athlete, Don Fisher (tennis, pole vault, other track events).